L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette Delicate Review
Skin type: dry and occasionally acne prone
Skin tone: fair with neutral undertones
I am a sucker for cute and pretty makeup stuff and especially a bigger fan of eyeshadows since I am obsessed with eye makeup. Today I am back with eyeshadow reviews after a while and this time I bought a few eyeshadow palettes from the brand LA Colors. They are quite girly and I instantly fell in love with these cute babies. Today I will be talking about L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette in the shade ‘Delicate’. Keep reading to know my verdict.
Price: INR 325
Six color coordinated shades accent eyes with vibrant color. Long wearing formula glides on smoothly and blends easily. Applicator included.
My Experience with L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette Delicate:
This eyeshadow palette comes in a rectangular white coloured mini container and has a total of 6 rectangular eyeshadow pans in it. The packaging is quite sleek and the container is covered by a transparent flip-cover with the brand name written on the top of the cover. The flip cover shuts tight in its place. The palette looks very attractive from the outside and is travel-friendly as well.
All the ingredient details and the shade name are written on the back face of the black container in white font. The palette also comes with its own applicator but unfortunately, it is not of much use to me. I prefer using my eyeshadow brushes to do the eye makeup. Overall, the packaging is petite yet very pretty.
Shade and pigmentation:
The shade ‘Delicate’ is a beautiful palette which has a mix of stunning matte nudes, pinks, burgundy and plum shades. The colour variation in this palette is very simple and is suitable for muted makeup looks. It will be fun to play with colours from this palette and to create different types of looks. Let’s talk about each of the shades in this palette individually.
Top Row, Left to Right:
1. A pretty matte nude colour which can be used as an eyeshadow base. It appears a little bit powdery but has decent pigmentation. The texture is smooth but it has little fallout problem.
2. It is a beautiful peach colour which is matte in nature. Poor pigmentation and requires multiple swipes to be visible. There are little fallouts in this shade. It is good to be used in the crease area or can also be used as a transition colour.
3. This is a beautiful burnt terracotta colour which looks very pretty when swatched. It is also a matte shade and has good pigmentation. No fallout problem and texture is smooth.
Bottom Row, Left to Right:
4. A very gorgeous medium pink colour which can be used on the lid area. It is a perfect shade for light eye makeup and can also be used as a blush. The texture is very smooth and has no fallout issues. However, pigmentation is not quite praise-worthy.
5. A light pink colour which can be worn alone or mixed with other shades. This can also be used as a blush. It has a poor colour payoff and has fallout problem. It is a perfect everyday wear shade.
6. The last shade in this palette is a gorgeous plum colour that can be used on the outer corners of the eyes for a dramatic eye look. It is a matte shade and it looks very stunning when swatched. Great pigmentation and minimal fallout. This is a party-perfect shade and is my most favourite from this mini palette.
I have swatched all the shades and I loved using them. All the shades in this palette are matte but the pigmentation wise, the performance is not up to the mark. Only some of the colours have good pigmentation while the rest of them are quite poorly pigmented and need multiple swipes to be visible on the eyes. This palette’s pigmentation has surely not impressed me, unlike the ‘Charming’ palette. They have fallout issues as well. Overall, the shade range is very versatile and but I feel the pigmentation has disappointed me quite a bit.
Texture and quality:
All the shades have a soft texture that blends beautifully on the eyes. These shades have a powdery texture and so they suffer from fallout issues. The applicator provided with this palette is not much use so I prefer to use my brushes for application.
I mix and match different colours to create different looks. I really loved the way this palette fared for me. In a nutshell, this is a nicely formulated palette. Since this palette has fallout issues and poor performance if you consider the colour intensity, a good eye primer is very much needed to make it work as per your expectations.
These shades stay in place for a decent amount of time without any creasing. They last for about 4-5 hours which I think are good at this price value. If you have oily lids, you will definitely need a primer prior to application; otherwise, the intensity will gradually fade away. These shades are easy to remove as well. They come off easily with any makeup remover.
I am not quite impressed with the quality of this palette. The pigmentation could have been much better. But the colours are quite unique and versatile. The palette is good for everyday use and the petite size makes it rather cuter. It is worth giving a try and but definitely not for you if you have high expectations from it.
Pros of L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette Delicate:
• Travel-friendly packaging
• Petite size and looks very cute
• Versatile shade selection
• Comes in a total of 6 shades
• All the shades are matte
• Very affordable
• Has a mix of stunning nude, pinks, peaches, terracotta and plum shades.
• Pigmentation is decent for some of the shades
• Soft texture that blends effortlessly on eyes
• Delivers a smooth and even finish
• Does not feel patchy
• Stays for a decent period of time
• Does not crease
• Light-weight formula
• Very affordable
• Comes with an applicator brush
• Removal is very easy.
Cons of L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette Delicate:
• Some of the matte shades have fallout
• Most of the shades in this palette have poor pigmentation
• Primer application needed for oily lids
• Some shades need multiple swipes for true colour intensity
• Applicator brush provided is useless
• No shimmer shades in this palette
• No mirror provided
• Quality could have been improved
IMBB Rating: 3/5
Would I Recommend/Repurchase L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette Delicate?
Yes, and I would like to try other variants from this range.
L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette Charming
L.A. Colors Sweet! 16 Color Eyeshadow Brave
L.A. Colors Wine and Roses 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow Palette
L.A. Colors Tea Time 5-Color Metallic Eyeshadow Palette
L.A. Colors Stormy Metallic Eye Shadow Palette
Matrix Biolage Delicate Care Shampoo
Forest Essentials Delicate Facial Cleanser Kashmiri Saffron & Neem
L’Oreal Paris Rouge Magique Lipstick Cashmere Delicate
Lancome Aplum Blush Subtil Delicate Oil-Free Powder Blush
The post L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette Delicate Review appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.